At the moment I'm on life-imposed no/low-buy. I'm always lusting after various brands and products but knowing that I can't currently buy anything has sent my lusting impulses into overdrive! To ease them slightly I thought I'd put together a wishlist that I can hopefully start to tick off in a couple of months time. Most of these products are items that I plan to buy, so it's a wishlist/shopping list combo. :)
1. Dalit Candles: I have these gorgeous candles sitting in my Sophia's Choice basket for when we're all moved in to our new place. I'm astounded that these aren't marketed at much higher prices as for a similar price you can get your standard tealights - which are not a patch on these beautiful hand-crafted beeswax candles that support the founders' work in India amongst some of the poorest people. Dalit is the name for the lowest caste in India's class system, otherwise known as the untouchables - to find out more, you can read the PDF info booklet put together by Life Association, the Charity that sells the Dalit Candles. These will be my first purchase.
2. Neve Cosmetics Lip Pencils: To be honest, this wouldn't break the bank, but I think if I started I might not stop... I first saw these lip pencils last year on CuteCosmetics and my interest was reignited when I remembered they also did a neutral lip liner called Perfettina. I have a little feathering on my top lip, so I wondered whether this might help. Also, how beautiful are these colours? Want! It's a vegan product rather than a natural product, but I can't help lusting over them.
3. Silk Naturals Trouble, Monday, Motive, Frisk, Card Shark, Lois, Top Shelf ... and more! Since first seeing this brand on Caitie's blog, I've been really keen to try them out. The only difficulty for me will be narrowing down my choices! There are a ridiculous number of shades and styles available, all for super low prices. I love that their site also incorporates a forum where devotees can share their swatches. Trouble, Monday Motive and Frisk are colours that I think might mean the end of my search for a No7 Wheatsheaf replacement... Top Shelf looks amazing as a lip colour on Oxana, and the rest are just pretty!
4. Indie Lee Calendula Eye Balm: I featured another IL product on another wishlist but never got around to buying it as my spots began to clear up with the skincare routine I was using. So replacing that is the eye balm that promises to brighten my dark under eye splotches. I made my own under-eye balm concealer using mango butter and argan oil recently and love it, so I imagine this concoction of squalene, mango butter avocado and calendula would be brilliant.
5. Primal Pit Paste: Admission - although I do like and use my Pit Rok, I'm still also using my Palmolive deodorant (shame face...) I seem to sweat whether I'm cold, warm, hot, freezing... and I haven't found that the Pit Rok masks or helps in the scent department as much as the Palmolive. I've seen lots of good reviews about cream deodorants but this one has my interest piqued because of the scents, jar or stick applicator, and the light regular or strong option. (Also I love the icon - that's enough to want something, right? :) ) I've also seen good mentions of Meow Meow Tweet in the deodorant department so it's between the two. Both offer tester pots so maybe I'll give each an armpit!
6. Nica Cara Tote/Isla Crossbody: I love my Nica handbag, but I use it everyday to lug around a bit of everything and it's a little worn now. My eye has been caught by their print selection bags which would be perfect for summer days, even if they are spent at work! I particularly like the large totes that would be able to carry all my
crap important stuff as well as sun lotion and sunnies. The crossbody looks great for days when all I need is a bit of money and my phone. Nica have been a favourite brand of mine for a while, especially because they have a load of animal friendly leather-look bags.
7. Erzulie Liquid/Stick Foundation: I came across Erzulie a few months back when searching through Etsy for natural skincare and cosmetics. I was drawn in by the funky looking lavender corrector they featured and after reading a review recently by someone who tried it, I went back to take another gander. I then spotted the range of vegan liquid foundations they have and I'm tempted due to the colour options (cool light looks perfect) and the price. Although I prefer liquid foundations, I'm always tempted by make up in a stick, so that they offer a foundation stick is also a draw.
And that's that! My top picks for salary spends when my no/low-buy ends.
Have you tried/bought any of them? What do you think?